Initiative of the project “The provision of psychosocial support and help to Daugavpils, Daugavpils district teachers, social workers and families with children” (№ 2012.EEZ/PP/1/MIC/098/016) has been approved in August 2013 for the duration of one year. Today, after a very productive year of work, the project has been finally concluded with a conference co-attended by our partners at Daugavpils City Council.
The aim of the project was to provide psychological help of improvement of life quality to families, teachers and social workers, to promote the inclusion in social life persons, who are under the risk of social exclusion.
Project participation statistics:
- 95% women / 5% men
- 95% Daugavpils City citizens / 5% Daugavpils District citizens
- The number of children in the family – from 1 to 4
- The youngest participant – 23 years old / the oldest – 64 years old
- The average age of participants – 35 – 40 years old
The following activities were organized and realized during the project:
- Training Seminars “Prevention of Burnout” for teachers and social workers, where the participants received practical skills to avoid stress, to stay healthy and to achieve inner harmony, while working in a tense atmosphere. This Seminar involved 115 participants in 8 groups.
- Practical Training Seminars for parents: “Your Life is in Your Hands”, where the participants were able to strengthen their personal psychological stability and acquire skills to build healthy relationships within the family, as well as becoming socially responsible and socially active. This seminar involved 102 participants in 8 groups.
- Seminar: “The Healthy Way of Life as a Lifestyle”. The participants created a personal development plan which they now actively implement in their lives. This seminar involved 25 participants.
- Individual Consultations: 200 individual consultations for the project participants.
- More than 200 participants have acquired practical skills and self-help methods to overcome difficulties, to believe in themselves and to find the power and the will to improve their quality of life.
- In addition to the above mentioned project activities, the active involvement of the participants has also led to the establishment of new undertakings, such as a “Psychology Club”, a Psychotherapy Group, new seminars and the development of new project initiatives.
- Many of the project participants are now involved with the new activities of the Psychological Consultation Center “INTENCE”, voluntarily helping in organization, development and popularization of those activities.
- The booklet “The Healthy Way of Life as a Lifestyle” was developed and published as a reminder for those who actively seek to make their lives healthier, happier and more harmonious.
The project was being implemented by NGO “Psychological Consultation Center “INTENCE”” in cooperation with Daugavpils City Council – Department of Education and Department of Social Affairs, and Daugavpils Rural Amalgamated Council – Department of Education and Department of Social Services.
In light of the positive feedback from project participants, it is now obvious, that good work has been done and that this work definitely needs to be continued!
See you in other projects and activities of the Psychological Consultation Center “INTENCE”!
Ludmila Dijokiene, director of NGO „INTENCE”
Project “The provision of psychosocial support and help to Daugavpils, Daugavpils district teachers, social workers and families with children” (№ 2012.EEZ/PP/1/MIC/098/016).
This project has been made possible with the financial support of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. www.sif.lv, www.eeagrants.lv, www.eeagrants.org
This publication is issued with the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism and the Latvian government financial support. Responsible for the content of the publication: NGO “Psiholoģisko konsultāciju centrs „INTENCE””.